Thursday, November 19, 2015

Miami: 2 days in Miami

@littlemisshappyfeet
I am a fan of CSI: Miami. However the series ended when I was still in secondary school. It was fun to watch the Investigation, which it would send Horatio, Eric, Ryan and Calleigh out to different parts of Miami. Whether it is Lincoln Street, the Miami beach, or MPD building, I was fascinated.


We moved around Miami with public transport (metrorail, metrobus) by using a Dade-transit day pass (The card name escaped my mind). It was easy to get from places to places as the public transit system in Miami is extensive. When we were in downtown and Coral Gables area, we used the free Metromovers and Trolley.

Day 1: Introduction

Miami Trolley, Metromover

@littlemisshappyfeet
It is a fun, and not to mention free way to get an overview of Miami. It was a quick sightseeing in comfort. We took a metrobus to Miami beach in the evening.

South Point Park

@littlemisshappyfeet
Recommended by my couchsurfing host, this is the best place to go for Miami sunset. As the southern tip of the Miami beach, this place is less touristy than the Miami beach proper, has more activities going on and a park with interesting sculptures. I would recommend getting a city bike to explore the greens with beautiful beach on the other side.

Day 2: The best of Miami

Water sports

courtesy to Miami beach paddle board
Stand up- Paddle boarding
After a 15 minute crash course on Paddle-boarding, we went off into the water nearby. The service was great and the coach was patient (very patient). You can rent other water-sports equipment from the store. If you have more time, a neon light paddle board tour is highly recommended.
I paid $10 for a 1.5 hour rental.

Address: 1416 18th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States
Phone:+1 786-428-4402
Hours: 10AM–6PM
website: Miami beach Paddle board

Lincoln Road Mall

This iconic pedestrian road/ outdoor mall crossing the heart of Miami beach,  is a good place for an enjoyable walk, shopping, people-watching and dining!

Juvia

@littlemisshappyfeet
Located in the Lincoln Road Mall, I came here for the desserts and of course, the open vista of Miami skyline from a rooftop restaurant. First thing I asked the waitress when she greeted me at the front door: Can I have a table with the best view please? She smiled and pointed me to another waiter who later showed me my seat and explained what I can see from the window. So nice of him! We sat at a glass corner where we had both side of Miami within our vision field: the Miami beach and the city.
Price is slightly high but considering the friendly service, the atmosphere, the deco, the view and the quality of food... I would definitely recommend this place.
my favorite one: with Coconut and Pineapples. 
Address: 1111 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States
Phone:+1 305-763-8272
Hours: Open today · 12–3PM, 6PM–12AM

Historical Art Deco District

It is cool to walk on the first 20th-century neighborhood to be recognized by the National Register of "Historic Places". A walking tour by the Miami Design Preservation League is recommended as they will provide you with expert insights of the historical buildings. If not, a self-guided tour is equally good provided that you did some research before hand. Tip: Come at night.

Miami Beach

@littlemisshappyfeet
This is where we got our sun burn! We walked the whole stretch of Miami beach right from the very top in an attempt to search for the nicest spot. Our conclusion: Miami proper is good for all the water activities, buzz and Miami vibe; the southern tip is best for relaxation.

Coconut Groove

This is a lovely vibrant neighborhood with rich southern Miami vibe. There is 2 parts of this charming area: an old historic part and a trendy new half.

Coral Gables 

@littlemisshappyfeet
This is where I stayed when I visited Miami. The city of Coral Gables is located southwest of Downtown Miami. Among the landmarks in Coral Gables are the Coral Way, Venetian Pool, Douglas Entrance, etc. The FREE Metromover brings me everywhere (very efficient ).



Thank You for Reading! 
This post is based solely on my personal experience. 
 Feel free to share your thoughts with me by commenting below!

No comments: