Thursday, September 10, 2015

NEW YORK for the first timers: Explorer Pass? New York Pass? City Pass? or Neither?


There are a few Multi-Attraction Pass available in New York City, giving you line-skipping privileges and reduced ticket price. I’ve done some research and shortlisted 3 which I feel are the best bargains.



•  Explorer Pass 
Customize your visit by choosing 3, 5, 7 or 10 top attractions to visit within 30 days. Great discounts on shopping, dining and other attractions' admissions are also included in the package.

•  New York City Pass
With 9 days to use your CityPASS, there's no need to feel rushed – save time on your research, see the city that never sleeps at your own pace, and truly enjoy the experience. It grants admission to 6 New York attractions with 2 Option Tickets to choose from.

•  New York Pass 
With NY Pass visitors get free entry to over 80 attractions and skip ticket lines at many of the busiest places. Passes are available for 1, 2, 3 or 7 days. Visit as many attractions as you want in the time period. You will get a free 200+ page guidebook containing maps, opening hours and directions to all attractions. You can also download it online

What did I choose?

The New York Pass. 

1. I personally like to have more freedom and choices, so instead of getting a card that limits my choices down to 3-7 attractions, I would rather pay more to have more flexibility.

2. I know exactly how many days I am going to spend in each cities. I am on a 4 days visit so there is no reason for me to choose a card that grants admission to attractions for more than 4 days.

3. This is my first visit to New York city. I know exactly where I want to visit and what I want to do: Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, Liberty Island as well as renting a bike! And I am the kind of person who would like to see and do as much as I could within a day. Without a single doubt, a New York pass is my best option.

4. I do not like to wait in line because time is money.

Read more: How did I use my NYP?

What should You choose?

To make the right decision, ask yourself the following questions:

1. How many days are you staying in New York?

2. Are you splitting your stay? For example, if you plan to stay 2 days in New York, then have a road trip for 10 days, and come back to New York again for another 2 days,  The Explorer Pass should be your first choice.

3. What is your visiting style? Do you like to wander leisurely? Or you like to pack in as much as you could during your visit?

4. Are you fine with walking and figuring out which subway line to take? Or do you need a Hop On Hop Off Bus?

5. What is on your Must-see and Must-do list? List them down along with the price and compare it to the price of a card.




If you are a laid back person, give a pass at the pass!




Thank You for Reading! Hope it helps! 
This post is based solely on my honest opinion or personal experience. If you have a different opinion, join the discussion by commenting below!

No comments: