Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tampa: 1 day in Tampa

I stopped by Tampa on my way to Miami, and I'm glad I did.

Tampa Bayshore Boulevard

@littlemisshappyfeet

What a way to start a day: wonderful view of Tampa Bay and at the same time, getting some exercise! Seats are provided along the walk, so sit back and do some people watching: Many people come here to jog, bike, rollerblade, stroll, walk their dogs or simply passing by. I heard that if you are lucky, you'll see dolphins playing in the bay!

Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center

Would you believe this: there's a place in Tampa where you can view hundreds of Manatees up close swimming around or exactly below the viewing platform while occasionally see sharks, fish and crabs. and it is absolutely FREE of charge!!! Yes, it is quite unbelievable that this attraction is free but that's the exact truth. Whitney drove us all the way to the center, just to find it closed. Disappointed, but it was still a good day.

Ybor City

This historic multi-ethnic area of Tampa was originally home to Cuban, Spanish and Italian immigrants. This explains the vibrant culture in this part of the city and all the colorful tiles lining the walls. Now, Ybor City is known to hosts the region's best bars and nightclub scenes. You can get a trolley here from downtown or the waterfront. If you have more time to spend, don't miss:
  • Ybor City State Museum 
  • Ybor City Cigar Museum 
  • Centro Ybor 
  • Saturday Market
  • Ybor City ArtWalk
  • Walking tour of Ybor City (Every Saturday)



The Columbia Restaurant

@littlemisshappyfeet
Address: 2117 East 7th Avenue
Phone: (813) 248-4961
@littlemisshappyfeet
A huge Cuban restaurant operated in the historical Ybor City neighborhood since 1905. That makes it 110 years old! I am so grateful that Whitney and Christina introduced this lovely restaurant to me, which I wouldn't have known if I came alone. Salad made table-side, Tapas with hands-down the best flavors, Keylime pie made to perfection, this restaurant is a MUST-revisit if I ever drop by again.



Cypress Park Beach

@littlemisshappyfeet
Don't worry, I don't find anyone about this park in guide-books either. But let me tell you that it was amazing. A Hidden Gem! There are picnic areas, a boardwalk, beach (but not too much of it)... the interesting part is, you can watch planes flying pass exactly above the beach.

Nightlife

Pub food @Tampa.
@littlemisshappyfeet
It was my first nightclubs experience, and I am glad to had it with these 2 amazing girls: Whitney and Christina. Many thanks from me! I had fun, a lot of fun, and this put a nice full-stop to my day trip to Tampa.


Thank You for Reading! 
This post is based solely on my personal experience. 

No comments: